Sorry for the post pile-up, but last week was so crazy that my London blog was delayed…but the craziness was also filled with plenty of good food that I know my grandparents want to read about!!
Brussels was abuzz with the craziness of SWIFT’s Global Sales Convention, which is basically just a chance for salespeople from across the world (New York, Kuala Lumpur, Dubai, Belgium, etc.) come together to gab and, more importantly, eat copious amounts of delicious catering.
I stupidly committed the cardinal sin of eating a ton of gorgeous food without actually taking photos of it. I know. I’m a monster. But here’s a quick run down of some of the things on the menu:
- Red curry with chicken
- White sausage (would not recommend)
- Smoked salmon (would also not recommend)
- Truffled mashed potatoes (they were mysteriously green and mushy but delicious nonetheless)
- “Mini cheeseburgers”- a feeble (but delicious) attempt at American food with strange meat, stinky cheese, and sour barbecue sauce. I ate three of them.
- Whatever these are (some kind of mango something and some kind of passion fruit something):
- Stoemp- mashed vegetables with veal sausage. We washed it down with plenty of free wine at a banquet at Palais d’Egmont whilst watching some people on stilts. SWIFT does it big.
There were a million other options that I don’t remember. But I think you get the gist: SWIFTies eat well.